The Women and Gender Studies Program gives two awards to recognize outstanding achievement by students in the area of women and gender studies. The first award is targeted at graduating seniors with declared minors in Women and Gender Studies. The second award is open to any student with a declared minor in Women and Gender Studies.
The eligibility criteria for the awards are:
- Enrollment as an undergraduate student at Buffalo State
- A declared minor in Women and Gender Studies
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated excellence in academic research, creative projects, service, and/or participation in the promotion of women and gender studies.
- For the first award, graduation during the current academic year (including summer session).
Students may self-nominate and/or be nominated by faculty or staff. To apply, please submit
- A letter that 1) confirms your enrollment at Buffalo State with a declared minor in Women and Gender Studies, 2) indicates your GPA, 3) indicates whether you want to be considered for the graduating senior award, the open award, or both, and 4) the name of a faculty member who could serve as a reference for this award. If you want to be considered for the graduating senior award, please 5) confirm that you have graduated or will be graduating during the current academic year.
- A short statement (500 words or less) that describes your achievements in academic research, creative projects, and/or service related to women, gender, and/or sexuality and/or your efforts to promote women and gender studies. The committee will consider a broad range of achievements, including both campus and community efforts.
Award winners will be recognized at the Equity and Campus Diversity ceremony. Each winner will receive a certificate of achievement as well as a $75 stipend.
The deadline for the 2018-2019 Student Awards will be February 26, 2019.
Please send requests for application instructions and any questions to Professor Ruth Goldman, email@example.com, Coordinator of the Women and Gender Studies Program.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.